Muffin Top (Banana Muffins)

When I was a little girl, there was this fab little shop on Cape Cod that sold muffins. It was aptly called The Muffin Shop. The Muffin Shop did not play when it came to making the perfect muffin. If you brought those suckers to any breakfast, brunch, or even the beach they would be gone in a blink of an eye.

This is my homage to The Muffin Shop.

Banana Muffins




















Prep Time: 20 Minutes
In Active Prep Time: 20-25 Minutes
Yields: 12 Muffins

Ingredients

2/3 Cup Sugar
1/4 Cup Oil
4 Ripe Bananas* and the juice
1 1/2 tsp Vanilla
2 Cup All Purpose Flour
1 tsp Baking Powder
3/4 tsp Baking Soda
Pinch of Salt
1 tsp Cinnamon
1/4 tsp All Spice
1/2 Cup Chopped Walnuts
Turbinado Sugar for decoration

*When my bananas get to the point of no return, I put them in my freezer with the peel still on, until ready to use them. When i am ready to make my muffins, I take them out of the freezer, put them in a bowl and allow them to thaw.

Directions:

Preheat the oven at 350. In a bowl combine all of the dry ingredients: Flour, Baking Powder, Soda, Salt, Cinnamon, and All Spice. In a second bowl, mix together bananas - including juice, oil, sugar, and vanilla. Mix well ad slowly add dry ingredients. Mix until entirely incorporated. Pour batter into a lined muffin tin. Sprinkle the turbinado sugar liberally on the top of the muffins and place in the oven for 20-25 minutes or until the muffins are golden brown and a toothpick comes out clean with inserted. 

*I also like to make a bourbon sauce to pour over the muffins. You can find that recipe in my Past the Point of No Return blog post.





0 Comments