Apple of My Eye (Easy Homemade Apple Butter)

Once fall hits, all I think about is apples. I know, I know what about pumpkin spice? I am telling you apple spice runs in my veins. I mean apples and cheddar, apple, pie, apple crisp, apple cider donuts, apple turnovers? So why not homemade apple butter?! I put it on toast, on pancakes, on waffles, on CHEESE. I decided I would make my own apple butter this year and let me tell you, I regret nothing. NOTHING!

Homemade Apple Butter
























Prep Time: 15 Minutes
Total Time: 1 Hour 30 Minutes
Servings: 4 Cups

Ingredients
10 Apples peeled, cored, and cut into medium sized chunks (I used Honey Crisp, but Granny Smith would be amazing too)
1 Cup Apple Cider
3/4 Cup Dark Brown Sugar (loosely packed)
2 Heaping tsp Ground Cinnamon
1/2 tsp Ground Ginger
1/4 tsp Ground Nutmeg
1/4 tsp Ground Cloves
Pinch of Salt

Directions

1. Peel, core, and cube apples.

2. Place all of the ingredients in a large pot and cook over medium low heat, uncovered, until apples become very soft (45 min - an hour). Stir occasionally and be sure it is not in a rolling boil. 

3. Transfer the apple mixture into a blender or food processor and mix until smooth. 

4. Pour the apple puree back in to the large pot and continue to cook, uncovered, until dark brown and creamy. 

5. Pour the Apple Butter in jars and store in the refrigerator.

6. Enjoy!

0 Comments