The Cakes and Cupcakes

The Cupcakes
 
I made these prickly cupcakes for my sister's bridal shower.  My mother heard about these really popular cupcakes at a local bakery and asked me to make them.  They are of course completely vegan cause the sis is vegs. They were chocolate and white cake with vanilla buttercream frosting.

I made these for two friends with July birthdays.  They are vegan tequila lime cupcakes with vegan tequila lime frosting.  I heard they were tasty, but since I am a teetotaler I did not try them.  This are my summer classic.


I made these suckers for my two bff's birthdays which happen to be on the same day! Since they are both chocolate fiends, I made vegan chocolate cake with mocha frosting - one of my signature recipes - garnished with chocolate chips, and vegan chocolate cake with raspberry buttercream frosting and fresh raspberry garnish.



My dear friends  Andy and Jovana had a little bambino soon after they got married.  I went there to visit, and meet the bam, and I brought with me some celiac friendly cupcakes.  White cake with raspberry frosting and chocolate frosting.


Homemade carrot cake - one of my signature recipes - cupcake with yellow cream cheese frosting and homemade yellow royal icing daisy.  This was for my friend Cecily's birthday party.  They were super moist and delicious.



For my friend Brent's housewarming/Halloween Party, where I dressed up as a 1980's Eastern Airlines Flight Attendant, I made my carrot cake cupcakes with orange buttercream frosting and vegan chocolate cupcakes with chocolate frosting and garnished with my favorite thing ever: BRACHS Candy Corn



The Cakes

I was asked by my friend Chase to make two birthday cakes for his husband's 40th birthday bash.  Quite an honor.  He asked that one be vegan - since he is vegan - and one "normal" cake.  This is the vegan cake: Chocolate cake with chocolate buttercream frosting and handmade royal icing violets.


This was the "normal" cake: White cake with fresh strawberry frosting - a signature recipe
This is what my fridge looked like one night.  Just cakes!

Fir Christmas, my sister and brother-in-law got me a really cool baking book.  I was drooling over all of the recipes so I decided for my dear friend Sandra's birthday on New Year's Even that I would try my hand at one of them.  This is the chocolate cake with a chocolate custard filling/frosting.
After struggling with the corn starch portion of the recipe I managed to make the custard pretty smooth.  It was basically an all chocolate Boston Cream Pie, but the cake was too bready.  If I make it again it will be with my vegan chocolate cake recipe.

I made this for the exbf's friend's birthday.  It is a white cake with vanilla buttercream frosting.  I thought it looked super plain jane so I decided to give it a retro feel with the chocolate chips.  It was a huge hit.



It has been a family tradition since I can remember that we make a bunny cake every year for my father's birthday - it is always a couple of days/weeks away from Easter.  So when my parents came to New York to celebrate Easter with us this year I made him a bunny cake.  It is white cake, and one cupcake, with yellow vanilla butter cream frosting covered with coconut and jellybean eyes and nose.  I think this is the CUTEST thing ever!

0 Comments