Candy Striper (Homemade Toffee)

I never make candy. Let me tell you why: candy thermometers. I just don't have the patience to stand there and wait for the mercury to rise, but I love the idea of homemade candy for gifts. Then I went to culinary school. I found out that making something like toffee doesn't require a thermometer. Huzzah! Here is my quick, easy, rich, and delicious recipe for homemade toffee.

Toffee




















































Ingredients:
1/2 cup unsalted butter 
1 cup sugar 
2 tsp vanilla 
Pinch of salt 
2 cups semi sweet, or dark chocolate chips 
1 cup of roasted almonds  


Directions:
Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper. Spread one cup of roasted almonds evenly in the cookie sheet. Put the butter, sugar, salt, and vanilla in a sauce pan over medium heat. Stirring constantly with a wooden spoon and cook for 10 minutes until golden brown. Pour toffee over almonds immediately, working quickly pour chocolate chips on hot toffee and allow to melt, then spread evenly with rubber spatula. Place in refrigerator for 30 - 45 minutes until set, break into pieces, and serve

***NOTE - The toffee is hot like lava so be very careful, and quick while working.


0 Comments