Inspiration


So, all summer I was being vetted for a little Food Network show called Sweet Genius.  So while I was singing my face off as a nun by night, by day I was looking for inspiration and attempting to prep, on the beach, for a potential television competition show!  

One afternoon, I was the only person on the grocery run – company management is required to take you to the grocery store and the bank once a week – and I was wandering aimlessly in the natural food aisle when all of a sudden I saw this:



Naturally the natural food aisle and the bakery abutt each other!  At first I was horrified by the colors and then I was fascinated by the simplicity and the sheer brilliance of this cake.  I mean if you think about it, it is really quite incredible.  Two pieces of yellow cake for the bun, one layer of chocolate for the burger and then you just have to decorate it.  I mean really?  And then!  And then I see the CUPCAKES!  I mean hot dog and slider cupcakes.  Does it get any better?  Let’s be real.  Sometimes you just have to embrace the ridiculousness of it all.  And this was one of those times for me.

0 Comments