The Missing Baker


Okay, okay, I know, I have been T-errible about writing these days – ahem year. Details, details.  It isn’t that I wasn’t thinking about all my avid readers.  It is simply that I have been in transition.  A lot of change: some of it amazing and some of it necessary.  With all of that I have managed to continue to bake and even get mixed up in a little baking competition TV show – more on that later.

While I was away I managed to do a couple of things: 

1. I perfected the French macaron 

Espresso French Macaron

Pistachio French Macaron




Peppermint French Macaron












2. I taught myself how to make different kinds of candy – Fudge, bon bons, and caramels anyone?

Peppermint Fudge
Sea Salted Caramels





3. And I took on a Girl Scout mainstay the Samoa

Watch out Girl Scouts!




Mahoney wasn’t playing with the baking this year even though there was quite a bit of playing going on!  

In the coming weeks I will fill you in on my experiments and borderline ridiculous kitchen debacles.

Stay tuned…

0 Comments