Cake's Better Half (Vegan Lemon Infused Coconut Cream Frosting)

I love frosting so much that when I was a little girl my mother used to buy cakes and I would eat the frosting and she would eat the cake. Yep, that seriously happened. Over the years my love affair with sweet, buttery, creamy, decadent buttercream has not waned so naturally I keep experimenting with a classic. Here is my latest vegan version of my favorite part of the cake.

Lemon Infused Coconut Cream Frosting























































Ingredients:
1 Cup Coconut CREAM (not milk) Cold 
1/4 Cup Vegetable Shortening  
1 - 2 Tbsp Lemon Zest
4 Cups Confectioners Sugar (sifted)
4-5 tbsp Coconut Milk 

Prep Time: 24 Hours
Active Prep Time: 10 Minutes
Servings: 2-3 Cups
  
Directions:
In a stand mixer, place the butter and cold coconut cream and give it a quick mix. Add the lemon zest and 2 cups of the confectioners sugar at a time and whip for 3-5 minutes until the frosting is creamy and whipped texture.  If the frosting is too thick add coconut milk one tablespoon at a time until you reach desired texture. 

0 Comments