Peanut Butter Jelly Time (Sea Salted Peanut Butter Cookies)

I live in New York and I often find myself killing time between meetings, auditions, and seeing shows. I have a couple of favorite haunts and one is a well known, and well liked bakery. They have huge cookies and they are always rotating the flavors so you never know what you are going to get! I wandered in there last week and they had peanut butter cookies on the menu! I have to admit that peanut butter cookies are a weakness. These cookies did not disappoint. They were chewy and peanut buttery, but they had peanut butter chips that made them just a little too sweet for me. So I went home, experimented, and here is my version of a chewy and delicious peanut butter cookie!

Sea Salted Peanut Butter Cookie





















Ingredients:
1 1/3 Cup Light Brown Sugar - packed
1 stick Unsalted Butter
1 Egg
1 tsp Vanilla
1 tsp Molasses
1 Cup Chunky Peanut Butter - unsweetened & unsalted
2/3 Cup Flour
1 tsp Baking Soda
1/3 Cup roasted unsalted peanuts roughly chopped

Directions:
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. In a medium size bowl mix together the peanut butter and butter until fully combined. Add the egg, molasses, and vanilla and mix together. Pour in the flour and baking soda and stir until the batter is sticky and the dry ingredients are completely incorporated. Fold in peanuts. Use the Tablespoon measure or a cookie scoop to create perfectly round cookies and place them on parchment lined cookie sheets. Place in the oven to bake for 5-7 minutes. Let them cool for 1-2 minutes on the cookies sheet before transferring to a cooling rack. 

0 Comments