Open Sesame (Tahini Frosting)

When I first moved to New York I lived in a loft with three other artists a la the musical Rent. One of the girls was an adventurous eater and introduced me to a wonderful think called halva. A slightly sweet and nutty sesame dessert made with tahini that is just sublime. I recently had halva and it brought back all of those delicious memories. So! I figured I would make it into a frosting. I mean why the heck not!?!

Tahini Frosting


Photo by The Bojon Gourmet

1 Cup Unsalted Butter (cool, not cold)
3/4 Cup Tahini
1/2 tsp Vanilla
3-4 Cups of Confectioners Sugar (sifted)
1/4 Tsp Salt
1/4 - 1/2 tsp Cardamom (optional)

Directions:
In the bowl of a mixer combine the butter, tahini and vanilla. Sift together 3 Cups of the Confectioner's Sugar, Cardamom, and Salt and add to the butter/tahini mixture. Mix on high until light and fluffy. If the frosting is too thin add more confectioners sugar 1/4 Cup at a time. Place in the refrigerator to chill until ready to use.

0 Comments