CranFest (Oatmeal Cranberry and Walnut Cookies)

I am lucky to say that I have spent every summer of my life on Cape Cod. It is a magical and mystical place for me and one of the things I love most about it is that we have the kings' ransom of cranberries. In fact, we have the largest hometown festival in the world called The Cranberry Harvest Festival every September to harvest those tart bombs for the holiday season. Since my sister and I love these puppies so much I thought I would put them in my favorite cookie: Oatmeal Raisin. This one goes out to all you Cranberry lovers out there!

Oatmeal Cranberry and Walnut Cookies



















Prep Time: 15 Minutes
Inactive Prep Time: 30 Minutes
Servings: 10-12 Large Cookies

Ingredients
1/2 Cup Cold Unsalted Butter (cubed)
1/2 Cup Cold Vegetable Shortening
1 Cup Brown Sugar (packed)
1/2 Cup Granulated Sugar
2 Eggs
1 tsp Vanilla
2 Cups Cake Flour
1/2 Cup AP Flour
1 1/2 Cup Rolled Oats
1 Tbsp Cornstarch
3/4 Baking Soda
1 Tbsp Sea Salt
1 tsp Cinnamon
1/2 tsp Ginger
1/4 tsp Nutmeg
1/4 tsp Ground Cloves
1 Cup Craisins
1 Cup Walnut Pieces

Directions
Preheat oven at 410 degrees. In the bowl of a mixer, cream together the butter shortening, and sugars and whip until it is light and fluffy. Add the eggs in one at a time. Then add the vanilla, sea salt, cinnamon, ginger, nutmeg, and ground cloves. Stir until combined. Fold in the flours, rolled oats, baking soda, and cornstarch until fully mixed. Add craisins  and walnuts and form the dough into tennis ball size cookie. Place the cookies on a parchment lined cookie sheet. Put the cookies into the refrigerator for 30 minutes. Bake for 11-14 minutes and serve warm.

0 Comments