LA Baby! Part Deux Sprinkles - Yum.

Our last day in LA Jenna and I were headed out for brunch at some sceney bar where they had an infinite amount of delicious looking baked goods that looked stolen from Magnolia, a stroll on Robertson with a quick gander at the folks at the Ivy, then off to Beverly Hills 90210 to get me a cupcake at Sprinkles. I was excited to try Sprinkles cupcakes because I have heard so so much about them, but I was even more interested in their operation. They ship and box and cater and, and... so I thought it would be great to go and see. The store front is TEENY. It is a well oiled machine in there. They have a menu that shows you what they have on which day, there is an army of people there to wait on you - it is NOT self serve - and you can take as may cupcakes as you want at one time unlike many of the places here in the city. They are also really well branded. EVERYTHING has the Sprinkles logo on it. I guess that is why a cupcake costs $3.25 - WHAT!?!


I had trouble deciding what kind of cupcake I wanted. There were so many to choose from - almost too many - so I narrowed it down to 3 flavors that I have mastered to compare: carrot, coconut, and lemon.

http://www.sprinklescupcakes.com/flavors.html


Since I had a coconut pie the night before I went with the lemon. I ordered it from the helpful little man behind the counter, got my cupcake to go in a fab little wax paper bag, and went outside to partake the in the legendary cupcake. So many times places like this disappoint because well they have a lot to live up to. Let me tell you something folks, this was the best store bought cupcake I have ever had. EVER. The cake was moist and delicious. It was resilient and spongy, but dense. The frosting was buttery and sweet, but not too sweet. It complimented the cake so beautifully. If I were to say one bad thing about the cupcake it would be that it needed to have more lemon flavor. It was like a vanilla cupcake with a hint of lemon and if I am eating a lemon cake I want to be hit over the head with lemon flavor. But I mean that is all I can say about it that was bad. The cupcake taste and texture - barring the lack of a strong lemon flavor - was perfection. Huzzah to Sprinkles!


What to Choose?


0 Comments