Wake Up Call! (Espresso "Ice Cream")

I just got back from Rome where I discovered Giolitti, the famous Roman gelateria, on the first day. Which meant that I ate there every. single. day. Yep. Even when it was pouring rain, I ordered it in. I do not play when it comes to an ice cream treat. But now that I am back I am trying to turn over a new(ish) leaf. So here is a healthy - and vegan! "ice cream" which makes me miss Giolitti a little bit less.

Espresso "Ice Cream"




















Active Time: 10 Minutes
Total Time: 2 Hours
Servings: 4 Servings

Ingredients
4 Frozen Bananas (Yellow, peeled, and cut into chunks)
1/4 Cup Strong Coffee OR 4 Tbsp Espresso (cool)
2-3 Tbsp Maple Syrup
2 Tbsp Ground Coffee

Directions
Take the frozen bananas out of the freezer about 10 - 15 minutes prior to making your ice cream. Place the bananas in the bowl of your food processor. Pulse on high until the bananas start to break up. Pour in the coffee, 2 tablespoons of maple syrup and the ground coffee. and mix on high until it looks like soft serve in texture. Taste it to make sure it is sweet enough. If not, add more maple syrup to taste. If you like it as soft serve - my personal fave - serve it as is. If you like it to have more of an ice cream texture pour the ice cream in a container and place in the freezer for at least 2-3 hours then serve!

0 Comments